View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Since Neuropathy[ies]

The holiday has become a sort-of multi-day affair? Partly because the last two years I was either in a walker or a wheel chair...maybe. But, the PLANNING part has become more essential than when I was working 60+ hour weeks. I get/pick up bits of what I need days before. Last week the 'turkey' . I have frozen veggies in that huge freezer, but for the Holiday I like FRESH, with a stock of chicken broth and heaps of butter. I mean If one is going to OD on food, it should be absolutely hedonistic, NO? I have infusions Tuesday and Wednesday so, that leaves me Monday to SHOP, and start to cut and prep, put in baggies all the cut-up stuff to heat and cook on next Thursday. Not to mention Cranberries? Whole berry sauce...no frills, just heaps of concentrated Vit C [Mrs D? I am right in this?] to go with all the 'other stuffs'. I don't know about you all, but we never, ever make it to dessert! All that L-tryptophane is more than any soul could ask for, thanks! I have gotten very selfish over the years, I like the way I 'DO' it all, and I like the leftovers...I don't have to really cook for over a week afterwards...Really doing a turkey is nothing to be feared, and yes, I have had some cooking nightmares...maybe not told here, but.....Just avoid heavy lifting and pace yourself and you should come out 'whole'?

OK BILLYE? What all about this Camera PILL THINGIE???????? Yummy? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote