View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Keeping Thanksgiving low-key, if we do a formal gathering at all. This is my first Thanksgiving in Sioux Falls. My in-laws live here, but all my family is in Denver.

The reason we might not do a dinner at all is that my father-in-law just started treatments for stage 3 bladder cancer, and we don't know how well he's gonna feel. My mother-in-law is having complications from her recent knee replacement and is gonna have her hands full taking care of her hubby. And my hubby never figured out how to cook anything more complicated than scrambled eggs.

If my husband and I do end up staying home, I will probably have him buy a turkey breast and roast it in my rostisserie. I would likely make a crustless pumpkin pie sweetened with Splenda. Only other things would be some mashed potatoes, and maybe I'd allow myself a few bites of cranberry sauce....real simple, and not an excessive challenge for my digestion or glucose levels.

Simple can be quite tasty, actually. And very little "turkey burnout" after the holiday.

fanfaire