Thread: bit concerned
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 03:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucinda View Post
My biggest concern tonight though is his jumpiness. At the hospital he started to get jumpy but I thought it had to do with the fever spiking. HOwever, once we got home he's done it more and more but the fever is gone with the meds. Anyway, as with all seizurey stuff, it is wait and see but it just leads me to wonder if the infection is in the brain.
(((Hugs))) Two of Tom's last three seizures were febrile, at the start of a regular cold. My bet would be Noah's just good and sick, with a much-lowered seizure threshold, not a brain infection. Tom's last seizure was with a lovely stomach bug. I'm guessing the vomitting upset Tom's electrolytic / chemical balance? Not sure how well Noah's staying hydrated, and taking in more than water? Prayers he gets healthy quickly and the seizury stuff goes away.

Editted to add: With the vomitting, Tom started cycling sleeping in my lap, waking to spit up stomach bile, and then he would do a little chewing with his mouth (which always makes me wonder if it's seizury?), and back to sleep again. I finally gave him a dose of diazepam, our in case we're worried he might have a seizure medicine (as opposed to Diastat to stop a seizure). He threw up 10 minutes later, and then that was it. He was able to keep fluids down afterwards and I knew we were on the upswing. Maybe try giving Noah Diastat anyway... to kind of break the cycle?
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.

Last edited by RathyKay; 09-30-2006 at 03:14 PM. Reason: See above.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote