View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi friends,
It is cold and dreary here today. I am doing a bit better in the pain department, but still in a lot of pain. Laura is coming on Monday to see me for our contact, and then Tuesday I don't have classes, because we have a cool thing called Project Success Day at school where we can go to some workshops to help us better succeed in classes. Some professors even give credit for going to the sessions. Depending on how I am feeling pain wise, I may go. There is some workshops that discuss life after college, which is something that I worry about, even now, when I am not even transferred to another school (besides the community college) yet. I just worry about it because I have never worked for a substantial ammount of time,due to mental and physical health issues.....some of which I still deal with.

Mood wise, I am doing ok, but I am getting the chills a bit, so I am wondering if the low back pain is from a UTI or not. I kind of feel like I have one, but it is so hard to tell with me....because I get them so much and have bladder pain a lot from the Neurogenic bladder. That is why my urologist wants me to get cathed specimens. (Ouch!)

Sometimes I wish I did not have all these medical problems, but I think they make me a stronger, more compassionate person, so they are ok I guess. Well, they kind of have to be because I have no choice but to deal with them......I used to get so depressed because I was sick, and sick because I was depressed. It kind of fed on each other. It is a vicious cycle....Anyway, just a bit of reflection there.....Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

Diagnoses:Right-sided spastic hemiplegia (Cerebral Palsy), Neurogenic bladder, Migraines, GERD, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, Raynaud's Phenomenon, and Neurocardiogenic Syndrome
KellyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote