View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelb View Post
I think most people use CF for dairy free. It might be confusing if we change that.
To be honest, I've always wondered if CF was necessarily dairy free, as opposed to "casein free." Sometimes, recipes will call for ghee, and I'm just not brave enough to try it.

At my previous jobs, I've maintained my own lists of acronyms. Lots of times, there will be multiple results for one acronym. If we're going to sticky this thread, or link it to a sticky thread, can you add "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" as part of the "scd" definition? (I have no problem with you leaving your definition, along with it.) If it were my list, I'd probably also have a reference to Elaine Gottschall's book, too.

As far as the refined sugar free (rsf)... I've always gotten a little confused on that one. Is it just table sugar you buy by the bagfull? Is it honey? Or stevia? Or high fructose corn syrup? Molasses? Maple syrup? So, I guess I'm asking for more than just spelling out the acronym; I want some description to go along with it. I keep thinking if *I* have these questions, there are probably one or two others who might stumble on this site and wonder too.

Oh, and I guess I've been living in California too long. At first glance, "sf" is San Francisco, but I'll figure it out.

(I saw the thread title and was tempted to write a recipe for water... combine two hydrogen molecules with one oxygen molecule. Can be boiled, frozen, or enjoyed at room temperature.)
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote