View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Speech loss and meds

Hi there everyone,

Well this last 6 months I have noticed I have more losses of speech and wondered why. Saw my Dr. She thought it would possibly help with figuring out if we did a 72 hour EEG. Then I heard about the glue used the chemical smell. For me this is tough as I am very sensitive to chemicals and strong smells.

So the eve that I saw the Dr. I again lost my speech, then about a 30 sec priod lapsed when I had a seizure.
Then it happened two more times.

So I and my partner decided what we kinda knew before. All the losses of speech were the early stages of a simple partial that it does not go into everytime.

So I have decided not to do the 72 hour EEG.

But my question is this.
I am a person with refractory epilepsy. Have tried many drugs that I can not take due to sesitive body and bad reactions to them. Am currently on Trileptal, keppra and lamictal(mostly this for anxiety) none of which are a thearuputic levels due to my reaction to higher doses.

So then my Docro mentioned a drug to me that sounds like "lycra" but when I looked up any similar in sound I had already tried them or had been taken off them. Does anyone know which the drug might be. I was told the major side affects are weight gain UGH! and swollen ankles( which I have already fromthe heat in Summer)

I am trying to stay home more Homestead and R&R as feel real tired from more seizures . But do not like it entirely.

Thanks for listening to my ramble, guess I am feeling a bit fusturated by this agian..
Cedar
Cedar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote