View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch1 View Post
I had a car accident about 4 weeks ago and had CT and MRI scan need some help in understanding. Am seeing neurosurgeon next week.
L1-2 a moderate sized central and left paracentral dis herniation is present with mild inferior extrusion. This results in mild left ventral flattening of the thecal sac with probable mild mass effect on the traversing left side neural elements. The overall caliber of the central canal remains within normal limils. The neural foramina are patent.
L3-4 small right intraforaminal dis protrusion it tentatively identified with and an annular tear. This abuts the right L3 exiting dorsal root ganglion likely resulting in mild mass effect. No central canal or lateral recess narrowing is noted
L4-5 minimal bulge is present. Mild intrafdoraminal disc bulge results in mild foraminal narrowing bilaterally. No central canal or lateral recess stenosis is seen.

Help please to understand

dch1
i will give it a shot, although i am not that knowledgeable about it all.

L1-2 - you have a herniated disk which is pinching the nerve at that level.

L3--4 - i think a protrusion is like a bulge. (i know, what's that mean?). I never really understood the differences in these terms. And a tear is the beginning of another herniation.

L4-5 - has a bulge which is causing narrowing where the nerve comes out.

I have probably confused you more. Hopefully someone will come and correct me soooon.

sims
simby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote