View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for posting this information, LizaJane. I know there may be others here who have not suspected some sort of implant link to their health issues.

Valeri:

I am glad to see you posting here. There is good support here as well as good information, and even perhaps a little medical community bashing thrown in for good measure... We will try to keep that part light for the most part.

Monica:

Go back to your surgeon's records and ask for a copy of the operative report. If he/she is reluctant to give it to you, request it in writing. If it was done in a hospital, I found that it was easier sometimes to request it from their Medical Records department. You may have no problem at all. When I was running down medical records, people were not too excited about sharing my medical records, because of litigation...

This will help you find out what material was used, although I suspect that any implanted material could possibly stir up the immune system in at least some of us... The nature of the body is to "reject" that which is not natural. The sequence of physiological events resulting from this rejection is not well known.

I do not know how rhinoplasty implants are tracked, but in breast implants, they came in a box with a lot number and serial number on them-also the manufacture's name. Copies of this information were in the hospital medical records...

Cathie

Last edited by Yorkiemom; 11-15-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote