View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LizaJane is correct in her description of the birth of implants having been in Houston. Houston did a booming business in implants, and probably still has a place at the front of the pack.

Interestingly enough, the woman who was the first to receive these, if my memory serves me correctly, kept her mouth shut about the health problems she developed after receiving them. I find this very irritating, because her unique position as the "first" and her subsequent health problems could have played a big role in having the medical establishment take our reports of our health issues seriously...

Prior to this, similar health complaints developed as a result of silicone injections done originally in Japan. I guess language translation must have been a barrier when these problems surfaced here, because doctor$, re$earcher$ and manufacturer$ don't seem to recognize the similarities when they translate from Japanese to English... (bashing for today)

Breast-implanted women are not the only ones reporting problems, however. There are reports of problems developing after other types of implants too...

And Billye, thank you so much for posting on this...

I will see if I can locate the link to this story and post it...
Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote