Thread: Return To Work
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

What a fantastic question. I have thought about this often. In Australia we are usually asked at the interview and sometimes in a question/answer sheet before hand, if we have ever had a work place injury. If you say yes, 99% of the time you will not get the job and if you say no and they find out later that you have, you can be sacked.

If you TOS is not workers comp related, I wouldnt tell them you have it, thats your business. I would say you have been caring for either your kids or a family member. If you are changing you occupation you could tell them that you just need a change of pace and would like to try something different.

I honestly cant see myself getting a job again, i know it sounds sad but who is going to employ someone that has been off for 2 years? I have been healthquested (sent to a Government health Dr) and told that currently I can work 6 hours per week over 3 x 2 hour days, with no office work or working too much with my arms and a 10 minute break every 30 mins????? I could just imagine going for a job interview with that information.

Good luck and I hope you find a nice, reasonable employer.

Ozzy
ozzy14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote