View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Thanks!

I appreciate your responses!

I am glad to hear it's not unusual to not have the lead apron used! My first S.G.B. was at a teaching institute, also well known, but possibly, the lead apron was used by an over zealous student?? Or maybe, to keep me from being nervous by not allowing me to see? They treated it like it was a regular surgery; I was fully draped, and had my hands and ankles secured (not a pleasant adventure!). I had the droopy eye lid, and a squeaky voice. My throat was sore for a week!

The second was very different, no drapes, no tie downs. Much easier, all the way around, no droopy eye lid, no sore throat or squeaky voice. However, this one seems to be far more effective than the first. Much more relief (so far) this go around.

Also, I asked my Dr. about the redness in my face and the horrible burning feelings, and she said it was from the steroid she'd used. She said it wasn't anything to be concerned about. (YAY!!) I am set for another block in 3 weeks.

It's interesting, the different views on the frequency of the blocks. This is probably something for a new thread here, but I wonder why my personal Insurance company, (W.C. Paid for the first block) will only do them once every 3 weeks, and the teaching hospital wanted to do them weekly? ( P.S. -W.C won't pay for more, only agreed to the diagnostic, go figure!)

Thanks again, and if anyone knows why there are differing views on how often they will do the block, I'd appreciate knowing why.

Take Care All,

Cala
Caladium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote