View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hey ali i have a couple of thoughts
1st in my pt office they had one female for lower body and one male for upper body who were very knowledgable. you may want to see if someone at your therapy facility (or one nearby if your system allows it).
2nd at this point you are so unimpressed by the dr. that need to make a change if you have any hope of improvement. you are so worried (rightly so) that he has so little knowledge he is actually hurting rather than help you, and i am fairly certain the doctor has given up on working to help you because of the obvious lack of improvement. he probably sees the pt reports and thinks that you show up but wont do any of the excersizes because that seems to be the message your pt (until recently) has implied.
because crps is such a difficult disease the only way for you to improve is for you to have total faith in your doctor and your pt...you lost both of those a long time ago. as a result you dont trust them and they interpret that as some one who has no desire to improve (which we all know you are not).
i know your government program will make it a challenge to find someone else but i think you need to sit down and have a serious discussion in which both you and your mom discuss your serious concerns with the the behavior of the doctor (refusing to even consider that the block may be the source of the problem), the PTs who for so long told you it was all in your head which provides insight into their lack of knowledge of the disease.
the fact that you were able to desentitize your hand not through pt but at home with your dog shows that they were less creative/knowledgable as you are. there is some arguement but most doctors with lots of experience with crps will say that if one area can be successfully desentitized than there is a better chance that to some degree other areas should also experience improvement. since crps is a centeral nervous system related disease it has similar properties throughout the body. in your case there may be no improvement in your foot because the injection exacerbated something that hasnt properly healed.
if for no other reason than your foot became a problem immediately following the block and everyone you have encountered seems so willing to simply accept the doctors word that it wasnt the result of anything he did you should be allowed to at least see a different doctor in the pursuit of the some answers.
i know it feels like you are a gerbil stuck on the wheel, its time to slam on the brakes get off the wall and slam on the glass until someone takes notice of your presence.
good luck, i hope you find the answers you so desperately deserve
Strong mind Strong body
wakegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote