View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrs D.,

I agree! And another thing...I now know why opiates and even meds such as Neurontin or Elavil did NOT work for me. Of course they still use them but it was Klonopin that made the biggest difference...just quieting down the CNS. And this was just through trial and error and trying various meds; but when as a last resort she tried me on Xanax, it was a godssend...and then on to Klonopin. Anyway, there is another poster on BT that posted about research being done on the chilli pepper and something about PH selective painkillers that would TARGET those sensory nerves. But I do agree...how do we go about unlearning all of this. I DO have a friend with supposed RSD. And I say supposed because she still doesn't know for sure if she has it or not. Some docs are saying yes and some are saying no. In any case, she is attending a Rehab center where they work STRICTLY with spinal patients and/or patients with nerve damage. She is now to the point where she is exercising in warm water and says there has been a remarkable change in pain...much, much lower. I would love to check this place out and/or ask for an order for PT....she says it is wonderful. Soooo....maybe this is one way to get things to calm down.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tulips (10-18-2010)