View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Your Welcome

To MC: Sounds like your on top of this issue.

One of the strategies I learned during this 4 year process was to get my Congressman involved and request a inquiry on why my claim had not been processed in a reasonable amount of time.

I gave my Congressman aid a copy of my Favorable Decision Letter and a one page cover letter. Your file is then stamped under congressional review so everyone who see your file knows that they are now under the microscope.

This is something you may want to think about as the SSA has already dropped the ball and the ALJ made a decision without reviewing all the medical records.

This strategy may help expedite your hearing date and will let the ALJ know that his work is under Congressional review and no longer behind closed doors. Making a decision on the record without reviewing all the medical evidence is not smart and I would use this error the ALJ made to my advantage.

You can also have your Attorney request a Decision on the record when you re file your medical records this may also help.

I would ask your Attorney if your disability meets one of the Social Security Listing in the SSA Blue Book ?

No fun being walked around the block when your disabled.

Hope these suggestions help and I hope you win.

Take care Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote