View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Cayla,

I had 3 SGB's and on the 3rd one I believe I had a panic attack after I woke from having it. They did work though. I had the droopy eye and my voice sounded like Donald Duck. I was thinking the other day about how my brother use to talk like Donald Duck for me and I never could learn to do it. I should have called him that day when I sounded that way. He would have had a good laugh over it. Only thing was I came home and slept it all off.

I have insurance that so far has paid for about everything I have had done so I have been blessed there so what the Dr. had planned was a block every week for 16 weeks. I only made it through 3 as I said. I had a great Anesteolgist though, at least I think so. LOL He hooked me up to IV and I was knocked out for it. If he told me he was going to stick that needle in my neck while I was a wake I would have really objected.

I have had blocks before all of the surgeries I have had since I developed RSD except one and the hospital I was at didn't do them at the time. I now have RSD in my pelvic area. I swear by the blocks. I do believe they can help a lot of people if they give them a chance. As someone said, it could be allergies to the meds they use when they do make a person have a side effect from them. When I had my 2nd rotator cuff surgery, the Dr. came at me with that needle for the block and I ask him if he was going to do that while I was awake. He was like 12 inches from me. He said no I would be out. I couldn't believe I was out that fast.

I think as someone said, insurance is the key factor in wheather a person gets blocks or how often. Also Drs., I think some see RSD as a big money making illness and thrive on it by not trying to get a person into remission. I was amazed at how many people around here I have met with RSD that hadn't had any blocks for RSD. I do believe in them and that they can help a lot of people with RSD.

Good luck on yours and I do hope they help put your RSD into remission.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote