View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb When I had

my foot neuropathy from being hypothyroid, I was astounded how my feet
changed as the hormone took effect finally.

I was young then--almost 30 yrs ago -- when it started. I had severe pain first, like walking on glass shards. Then I guess my feet went mostly numb and I learned to ignore it. At the time I did not know it was connected to the
hypothyroid thing.

Once I started on hormone however, my feet started waking up. Tingling, burning etc. It took months for that to go away. I was ultimately left with some numbness on the tips of two toes on each foot. Which now, comes and goes.

So I do think that nerves send pain signals while going bad, and then when getting better, if you are coming up from numbness. The MP pain in my thigh is like that... if I over do or expose it to alot of heat...it shoots like the dickens.
If I am careful, it is only a little numb there. I have been very lucky with the MP pain... the Lidoderms really helped with that.

I often wonder if nerves just go bonkers and can't shut off. Like a broken faucet. When I numbed that MP nerve...for 2 weeks, it died down tremendously.

I don't think there is a solid answer for everyone. Movement, basic health, and other personal factors may make things different for everyone.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote