View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi,
I was almost out of the door for work and then stopped and decided to call in sick.
The boss answered and was very nice. When she asked what was wrong, I said that I had a headache and lots of other alwful stuff. She said not to worry and that the ac/heat was wrong in the building and such anyway.

I'm not sleeping enough. When I went into work Wednesday, once of my classes turned into chaos and I had to throw out two students (18 yr old girls) for yelling at each other. I told them that the only one who gets to yell in my class is me and told them to leave.
I felt horrible becuase it would not have happend if I had 1) been on time for class and 2) been on my game a little. I don't feel like I would be more in control today than I was Wed.

My old tdoc taught me that it is not helpful to the students if I drag myself in when I am a complete mess. When he said that, I felt like he gave me permission to attend to my needs and stay home sometimes. According to him, it is not so darned important that I show up everyday if I really need to be home instead.
That idea is still hard for me to get used to, because I feel like I should go in no matter what. And I see people who go into work who are struggling to be there too.
Now, when I start talking like that, I know that I am depressed because I usually don't compare myself to other people.

Mari