View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I was referring to this thread, at least for today:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=32169

It started off with Sally telling us that she was feeling bad, and asking how everyone else was doing. I realize that Sally probably doesn't mind that it went off-topic . . . but when I started reading, I was was interested in 'how Sally and others are doing'. Next thing the thread goes off-topic to beer and/or . . .

For me personally, there are certain threads that like to add to and/or read, because they start out to be about something of interest (to me). Often though, the thread switches directions and I end up having to weed through all the banter to actually get to the a posting where someone is talking on-topic.

I appreciate the casualty of this forum, and realize that is it's strength. I'm only suggesting that when there is a specific thread topic, that it doesn't run off onto something entirely different.

I know some MS forums handle this situation by developing separate forums for subjects, ie. "medications", "general", "chit-chat", etc. . . . but I am not suggesting that kind of breakdown here. I'm just suggesting that topics or questions stick to the subject, and separate threads are started for kibitzing, etc.? (No hard and fast rules, just in general...)

JMHO

Cherie