View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jayco

I applied in April 05 after being in a car accident. I had my 1st anterior cervical fusion at C6-C7 on 5/2/05. I saw their SSD doctor on 11/23/05. He was a normal MD who lived about 40 miles from my home. I was using a cane, at the time, and did attempt to stand on my toes and heels, as he asked me to do, but I was unable to accomplish either. He also took an xray of my neck and told me C5-C6 was herniated and pressing on a nerve.

I didn/t tell him or SSD I was having another anterior cervical fusion on 11/29/05 at C5-C6 by another neurosurgeon who had to plate C5-C7 with 6 screws (old NS didn't put plate in). My Christmas present was my 1st denial.

I got an Attorney and he appealed on 1/16/06. Also, appeal stated I was sheduled for a Posterior Lumbar Fusion at L4-S1 on 1/18/06, but when NS got in there I was autofused at L5-S1, so he did fusion at L4-L5 with rods and screws. At 4 week check-up My NS wrote a prescription for a rollator (walker with handbrakes, 4 wheels and a seat) and also a handicapped license plate. I made a copy of the prescription and form for license plate and took down to my local Social Security office.

My birthday present (3/8) was my 2nd denial, same year 2006. So my file was moved from the Little Rock, Arkansas office to the Ft. Smith, Arkansas office. I sent letters to my 2 US Senators and Congressman. Then I called the Arkansas State Director of Social Security and asked them to check into my file.

Lo and Behold I FINALLY got my disability. The judge even stated in his decision their SSD doctor stated I was using a cane and unable to stand on my toes or heels.

The back pay came in handy to pay off some of our bills as I was working and made good money as an Accountant. However, the money doesn't help when you now know you have Archadonitis at L3-L4 which is a clumping of the nerve roots. Take pills for the nerve pain and a pain pill along with 4 muscle relaxers.

O What I would give to be able to go back to work as an Accountant, but now, I can't even push a vacuum cleaner and won't drive because I can't turn my neck to the left (have herniated disk at C7-T1). ESI's shots help for a few weeks and am getting a Cervical and Lumbar ESI on 10/20 as hubby planned a cruise hoping it would help me feel better.

Find out who your son's Senator(s) and Congressmen/women are. A lot of them have websites and on their website they have a form to fill out about inquiring into SSD files.

Hope this helps!

Hugs To Ya!
Claudia
claudia029 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote