View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile TEC soon - at Childrens Hospital

I'm excited to say Ashton has been accepted to do another TEC but this time at Children's in TX with PT and Psych in house. I'm really nervous about her doing this as she will have to be in the hospital 14 to 21 days and work really hard to regain more mobility - this is really the last treatment option available at this point with her being 18. Children's is making an exception to treat her with her being 18 - 19 is the positive cut off for admit to hospital for them. I saw the video uplinked a few days ago meant for Ali and other young ones, and we will be doing something similar to that young lady but with a TEC. Anyone have thoughts on this? We did a TEC a little over a month ago and it gave her great opportunity to regain mobility and strength but she has reached a point of no more improvement and pain strengthening again - I'm hoping this one will do the trick or at least get her more weight bareing and able to walk around without the crutches and/or walker so she can go back to school, etc. I would love to hear if you have any experience with a TEC and aggreesive PT in hospital. I need relief for her and this is the last ditch effort - so to speak - realizing we will have to continue working after released too. Thanks ahead of time for your insight. I really appreciate all that I am able to learn from you and talk to our Drs. because of the experiences you all have.
Andrea
PS - Ali - I'm so hoping you can get to a place like this!
andreagibson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote