View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Cathie:

I only had acne once in my life, and I did the most stupid thing ever known to man. I was 14, a freshman in high school and I had on stupid pimple on my face. What did I do?? I went and bought Clearsil.. Do they still make this stuff??

It came in two varieties. One was clear, and one was flesh colored to cover the pimple. Well, I stupidly bought the flesh colored one. Let's say I had a small pimple on Monday. Started the Clearasil. On Tuesday, the pimple got bigger, I put some more Clearsil on. Kept doing that for 3 days. By Friday, the pimple was the size of a half dollar and was so apparent, I just kept putting more Clearsil on it. What the heck did I know?

I was sitting in class when the nun looked at my face and sent me to see the school nurse. I had no idea why she did this. I walked in and she looked at me and said 'Oh my god, what have you done?" I said 'what are you talking about??" she said 'You have a first degree burn on your face". (Now we are talking over 45 years ago, so she might have said 3rd degree burn, I have no idea". All I know is I was sent immediatly home with some salve and told "NEVER USE CLEARASIL AGAIN".

I had actually burned my face.

jeezz. The stuff we do at 14!!!

(sorry to hijack this, won't do it again)

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote