View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 01:58 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Docs Seen

The only docs I've seen since I got PN are neuro of course - the allergist (and only for the initial evaulation) - cardiologist (who I've seen for almost 20 years cause already had heart rythm problems, GP, spinal surgeon who wants to operate and not related to PN, rhuematologist once when sent by neuro, yearly girl stuff, oncologist when had postive amyloid biopsy and skin cancers, and GI docs for gastroperesis.... if my immune system is so compromised - I feel like it should be checked but I'm not sure how or in what capacity.... the allergist wouldnt even give me allergy shots cause i went into shock when he was doing testing and felt it would be too risky - the PN "expert" I saw out here for 3 years wouldnt give me IVIG for the same reason - the last neuro would but now my insurance has dropped it - but no one is looking at the whole picture.

I actually saw a doc that was recommeded by a doctor I really respect the other day - he refused to take me as a patient because I'm too "complicated and would take too much time"... I know we have some well known hopsitals in LA - but if you look at the credentials of the majority of the docs - they are not impressive... I've had some good docs (the best have been the oncologists) - and some really awful ones - and been told many times to "go to Mayo" - but its not an option for me....

Dahlek - good info - thanks..

And Glenn - is it the PN assoc that has the support groups? I talked to them when I first got PN - most of the members were very elderly and had diabetes or just PN due to age - so they discussed therapies for pain basically.... no younger peeps (I've yet to meet someone out here my age with auto-immune PN issues)..... Would you know of any other resources for support groups??????

BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote