View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

John, I also was a concert-level classical pianist but can no longer sit at the piano because it is too painful and my fingers don't cooperate. I have taken up the Mountain Dulcimer and am enjoying it very much. I even sing with my weird Parkie voice. Perhaps you could find another way to keep music? Just a thought.

Paula, I had a meltdown because the dogs tracked in on my freshly shampooed carpet. It took me days to recuperate from the last shampooing episode. I'm still struggling to find a way to deal with my inability to keep the house as I would like. I know what you mean about growing up with cleanliness as next to godliness. Steve is right. The Serenity Prayer is certainly helpful in not distressing oneself over what cannot be changed. But the thing is, when I see the dirty house I think it can be changed--and I should change it!

imark and MKane, You're right. Happiness is a choice. The hard part is remembering to choose it when things go wrong. For me, a positive attitude is the key to feeling better, both physically and mentally.

I love this quote from James Kilpatrick: "Half the people in the world make mountains out of molehills. The other half tend to make molehills out of mountains." I've been labeled a pollyanna, but I'd still rather fall in the latter group.

Judith
Judith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote