View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Opinions please, re: these othotics

Hi Everyone; hadn't posted on BT in a very long time...nice to see this temporary home (which may not be so temporary... )

I'd like to hear your opinions about this:

Went to the annual Food, Home, and Health show in my city's convention center. Knew it would be crowded (70 vendors, small building) so used my rollator instead of the scooter.

At a booth called Feet First Orthotics, the man printed my footprint, dug in a big box, and came out with what looks like Dr Scholl's-type insoles except they are hard. We did some interesting strength/balance tests, then did the same tests with me standing in the orthotics.

The difference was amazing! Just standing still, I usually weave around, and have even almost fallen over. Wearing these orthotics, I was standing quite straight and still. I immediately felt stable.

And walking....OMG! No weaving, no drunken appearance! My legs didn't have that heavy feel. The friends with me were amazed! I left them with the rollator, and walked around to another booth to talk to the man there who has had his for 3 years. Wanted to check out the company, really, as I'd never heard of them.

I bought them after walking around and thinking about it for about 45 minutes without feeling like I have MS. Pricey - $350 (I got a lower "show-price"). Salesman said I may be able to get reimbursed from Medicare.

They aren't molded to my feet; rather, they are supposed to mold my feet to them. They are shaped like the *perfect* foot. There are 84 different sizes of these things and he was careful to fit my foot just right.

I wasn't real impressed with the website (www.totalbalanceorthotics.com), but the salesman told one of my friends that they were working on it. I hope haven't gotten taken somehow....it almost seems like one of those "too good to be true" deals....but I've had them for 7 weeks and the magic is still there.

But heck, the darn things work! My friends pushed the rollator for the last hour, telling me to SLOW DOWN! and I wasn't even tired!

What do you all think? Anyone have any experience with this sort of orthotic?
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote