View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 01:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibken View Post
Lori, Your experience sounds VERY similar to Greg B's. Read this......http://upcspine.com/greg2.htm.......and see what you think. If this is the case, you are one lucky gal! Best wishes.......
Ibby
It was an interesting article and thank you for pointing me in that direction. I only had five of the 39 symptoms he listed:
  1. I also experienced what I would call memory lapses. I couldn't remember even the simplest names of things e.g. wheelbarrow, shovel. How come I couldn't remember the name of these things?
  2. I had difficulty coordinating fingers when typing and writing. The computer keyboard was becoming more difficult to handle.
  3. I started to get leg twitches and tremors down my left leg. It appeared to be somewhat similar to what I had read about Parkinson's disease. I would stand up and my leg would shake of its own accord. My electronics background makes me think this is overshoot of the electrical impulse to the muscles.
  4. My fingers and toes tingled and periodically I would get pins and needles throughout my hands and feet.
  5. ......... that I was walking sideways like a crab. (unlike Greg- I don't feel that my body is twisted, I just feel like someone has a rope and is pulling me to the right)

I've had no pain thankfully (except the initial head injury, and the pain was only at the point of impact).

He mentioned sensitivity to light. Maybe I described that wrong in my original post. Flashing lights are what bother me- just like loud sounds and touching when I'm not expecting it. All of it makes me start jerking.

Well, all I can do is make a list for the Neurologist on Monday and hope she has answers for me. I want off the seroquel (and any drugs, for that matter) because I've gained 15 lbs since I've started taking it. That makes me crabby!
RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote