View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello from a newbie

Hello everyone. My name is Julie and I have been going thru chronic pain problems for several years (had a workman's comp surgery on elbow & shoulder back in 2000 that messed me up). I have been seen by several md's (my primary, the physical medicine, an ortho as well as a pain clinic md) and most of them concure with the rsd/crps diagnosis. The pain clinic md who did a stellagate nerve block into my neck says because I did not recieve total pain relief from the block, that I dont have rsd (but have heard from others that blocks arent 100% in diagnosis). At the time of the block I felt a warmth thru my neck & shoulder and he said it was a sign that the block was working. It was when I went back 2 wks later for follow up was when he said no to the rsd diagnosis due to not fully relieved of my pain.

I have the burning pain in my shoulder/neck/back, my elbow (inside and outside of the elbow) and on my right hand my pinkie & ring fingers go numb and I loose grip of things often. I have major migraines and I am always exhausted because I cant sleep because of the pain.

Hope to be able to meet others who can understand what I am going thru.

Take care

Julie
corgichic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote