View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so glad you got it all worked out without any fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama z View Post
For future reference, it is illegal for a child in elementary school or younger to be on the bus longer than 60 minutes one way.
I *thought* this was true, but since I couldn't search the old forums to verify it, I never got around to posting.

As far as travel reimbursement goes, we've never applied for it, but if you're 30 minutes out, it might be worth the effort. At least out here, you have to have a certain level of car insurance to get the reimbursement. At the beginning of the school year, we always get forms about field trips. For some field trips, the kids ride in cars. If you want to volunteer to drive the kids, you have to have a fairly high level of car insurance set by the school district. This same amount of insurance is required if you are going to be reimbursed for transporting your SN child to school. We don't carry that high a level. The cost of increasing our insurance isn't worth the amount we would be reimbursed, since we're not going that far. For us, I *think* the amount is based on miles traveled, instead of a set amount for everyone. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, I'm glad Caitlyn is not going to spend half her day on a bus.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote