View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear David,

Dear David,
My life is chaotic with stuff and things to do. I constantly try to simplify. Sometimes I am successful and sometimes not.

This starts with my not sleeping at night and trying to catch sleep in the day. Things go off the rails from there. I'm in a topsy turvey word.

Hubby is steady and scheduled and organized. So that helps. But I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of his junk. (My stuff is not junk of course.) We have too much crap in our place. And I wish that I had cleared floors and table tops . . .

My office at work is clean. When it starts getting messy I start putting stuff in the trash. It feels good. I should use the same method at home.

Hubby does most/all of the house cleaning but he is not as fussy as I am. I'd love to hire someone once in a while. He says no because he can do it himself.

We've only been married 2 1/2 years and are still evolving our roles in the the bill paying thing. We had first marriages that were not so good in terms of how the money was handled so we are both wary. Right now we have a system that will be modified again because obviously it is not working well.

I don't know how to handle the clutter thing. The only time I ever feel like cleaning is 3:00 in the morning. I feel like I should try to go to bed instead of waking my self up. But maybe one night I'll go nuts and start throwing out crap or putting it on shelves and say the heck with sleep anyway.

Mari