View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there,
I have been wondering how you have been over the last year.
I am so sorry that you are going through this .
My closest friend in the world lost a son 5 years ago now and her family still are struggling even though the outside world may think differently.
There are no rights or wrongs with grief,what seems ridiculous for some is normal for another.
My friend has not unpacked his bedroom and that is what is right for her but she is continually being told to pack his things away and move on
I don't believe you will ever get over the death of your little girl but it will get easier to talk about her and live a happy existance.
One year is not long---you are still very raw in emotions and the worst thing to do is to try and behave as though she never existed as some not so wise folk will have you do.
Your other children and husband will all be dealing with this in their own way. My friend has had enormous marital problems because she didn't think he was "grieving properly"
They are now far more understanding of each other as they still see a family counsellor 5 years later.
They also joined a group called Compassionate Friends which is a support group for those who have lost children---they get an unbelievable amount of comfort from this group even though initially they wanted to have nothing to do with them.
They learn to have fun again together, they learn to live for the living without feeling as though they are being disloyal to the one they have lost.
Is there a group such as this near you? It took 2 years for my friend to get the courage to join but she has never looked back.
My heart goes out to you.
Love Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote