View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Megan:

Benign? I don't know about that. I was told implants were safe too, that they would last a lifetime and I would never have to worry about breast cancer. There are numerous implanted women who had saline filled implants and are now reporting similar illnesses. The outer shell is made of silicone.

If you could see my health history, you could pinpoint exactly when my issues began. It would probably make you think twice about using anything made of silicone in your body, or possibly anything at all foreign if you can avoid it.

I am now extremely sensitive to various foreign materials. The reactions I had to surgical staples and root canal material were NOT fun..

There are a lot of different areas of medicine using devices made of silicone or similar materials-not just breast implants. There are joint replacements, penile implants, testicular implants, implants used in various types of plastic surgery, silastic mesh (or similar) used in hernia surgeries, ligatures, ear tubes, chin implants to name a few...

In one of the hospitals here, my old ear doctor was not allowed to use silastic mesh in his ear surgeries... Gee, I wonder why... I mean if the hospital is concerned about this, that should be a big red flag...

There is a LOT of money involved here. Think about it...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote