View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update/ statins?

I've taken no action on the atypical mycobacteria, or acid fast bacilli which is in my sinuses. My doctor has recommended a quinolone nasal wash, as I can't and won't take Cipro. In addition he'd want augmentin, and one other I forgot. But things are still cooking at Mayo and Texas, and I'm not pushing this. I really don't want to.

On the other hand, I've posted that a month ago my cholesterol jumped to 350 with an LDL of 190. These are very high numbers. We thought it might be the Forteo I was on, but I'm off it a month, and my cholesterol is still very high.

My endocrinologist, yesterday, said I really should take Lipitor, and he understands about the neuropathy, and the neuropathy symptoms from Forteo. What he says is that at the first signal that my neuropathy is changing, I should stop. He says there's no way to know if it will hurt me without trying, and if I'm vigilant, I could stop right away. I haven't spoken to my neurologist or cardiologist about it yet, but my guess is they will agree.

Anyone have anything to offer on this? Mrs D?

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote