Thread: Where to begin?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would not trust the psychiatrist. Get a few opinions before making any conclusions and determining what to do. I saw alot of docs(neurologists, neuropsychologists, brain surgeon, nureophsychiatrist, special awarding winning rehab centers, etc)...some of them knew what they were doing and some were just plain old wrong. The problem is that the wrong ones still prescribe and think they know what they are doing. They make matters worse.

I would consider contacting someone that has experience with teenage concussions. I had a signficant concussion in my later 20's. If I was young and undeveloped, I honestly don't know where I would be today. I honestly think my experience has helped me. I still haven't lost my ability to ask myself what I am doing and why I am doing it. I still know myself well enough to help myself realize how to learn. Your son hasn't had a chance to develop this way before suffering from this trauma. He probably can't figure out what he is doing wrong until it is too late. He needs to become more aware of himself to cope. This will probably take a while and require constant support from you and the rest of the family.

Check out this website...http://www.thehiddenepidemic.com/. Also I think the doctor in the movie could actually help you. I think he is accessable, but I am not sure.

I wish you and your family well. Just hang in there. I know I put my family through a lot because of my concussion. Sometimes I think it is as hard on the parents as it is on the PCS victim. Take care.

Last edited by PCSVictim; 11-18-2007 at 06:11 PM.
PCSVictim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote