View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We are driving back to FLA. on Tuesday to be with my husband's family. This will be the first time going back since we've moved up here, so I'm just a TAD excited to visit with family and friends that I miss so much. We don't have a holiday at all that is similar to Thanksgiving in the UK, so it really doesn't mean that much to me, except that there is an array of very colourful food on the table, and there seems to be a ton of what you Americans call "Football" games on all day. I still can't become accustomed to calling that thing you call a football, a football is round to me!

We'll probably do a bunch of visiting, and I heard that my old office is open on Friday, so I'm going to try and visit with my co-workers. Michael keeps mumbling about driving back on Saturday to avoid the traffic, so it may be a very shory stay. I've started to do some Christmas shopping already. My Mum and some other family members are coming over from England to spend Christmas in the states. We are thinking of taking them up to Asheville to see the Biltmore Hotel. Has anyone here ever been there before? I was just online looking at prices and they are quite steep. I'm hoping we can find something a tad cheaper, but still in the area of the hotel so we can enjoy many of the sights of Asheville. If you have any suggestions, PLEASE do let me know, I'd more than appreciate it.

Have a lovely and safe holiday everyone. For those who have lost a loved one this year or who are having a rough go of it, please know I am thinking of you.

All the best,
Chris

Chris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote