View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. I hope you can get some answers soon before things get worse, as we all know this is a time-sensitive thing.

RSD could be brought on in a person by repetitive strain or naturally spread on its own. No one knows the method for it's madness really. I would definately get it checked out right away. Try to keep her moving her shoulder as much as possible. Range of Motion and movement is key to keeping things under some control. I know it may not seem like the thing to do, or what she wants to do but it is imperative to keep it moving.

Ali is a great resource here. She has gone through a lot with this and is quite young herself. I am sure she will be posting here at some point in the near future. You may want to look over a few of her postings as she has it in her ankle and due to an fall had it spread to her arm. I am 35 and have it in my lower left leg/ankle/foot and have symptoms that make me believe it is wide spread over my whole body. I am not really giving it a label until I have a doctor review it and come to his/her own conclusions. I would suggest the same for you as not knowing can drive a person into a wild game of stress and labelling. Let your doctor tell you what he/she thinks before jumping to any conclusion and yet trust yourself enough to know, as your daughter should too.

Take Care and I will hope for the best. TTL J
Kyzyl363 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote