View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default toss my story in the ring here.

I just gotta tell this one.
I had severe fatigue,loss of balance, dizzyness, shortness of breath, cold hands, chest pains and few more symptoms that began to get worse every day.
On Sunday I couldn't even get out of bed, so husband took me to the ER.
Doctor was adamant I was having a full blown panic attack and perhaps inner ear virus.
She put me on IV of Valium and Meclazine...this made me feel horrible like I was going to die!...I pulled out the IV so couldn't put more Valium in me.
I complained of the chest pain, EKG performed showed nothing.
I begged they do basic blood work but this stubborn STUPID doctor refused to listen to me, claimed ALL I had was panic attack classic case and was discharging me from the ER, nothing more to do.
I argued all the way out the door.
2 weeks later this kept up....I fainted while driving a busy hiway.
Now at a different hospital system blood work ordered...ha! I was so severely anemic I was in danger of dying!...My hemaglobin was 5.1 hgb...and hematacrit 15%...thats pretty darned low! No wonder I had chest pains! I did't have enough oxygene to feed my heart!
I spent the next 2 plus years recieving blood transfusions while they searched the cause of my bleeding.
Finally was found an intestinal aneurism (AVM arteriveinous malformation)
So was NOT a panic attack!...I was bleeding to death!
Had the stupid doc at least performed the basics on me she would have seen the cause of my symptoms were from massive blood loss!
But because I looked so good...I'm olive skinned, so no matter how anemic I am I'm never pale. My treating doctor did send her a nice letter to inform her perhaps she go back to med school so could tell the difference between panic attack and bleeding to death!
There is a difference...I know from personal experience!
I felt so angry the day she practically pushed me out of the ER claiming I was just having a panic attack....how sad! I really pray Karma does go around!
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote