Old 11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Paul Golding

Paul Golding

Default Links to References for EFA

Hello mrsd,

Quote:
does not work in Firefox.

The net being what it is, I also am thinking of others, that's all
I installed Firefox to find out; it has a Status Bar very similar to Explorer. Any Internet program would need to have one, for security reasons;you might not have it visible. It is far safer to use the Status Bar, than to rely on the truth about what is purported to be the destination of a link. As I demonstrated in my previous message, the writer can put in any link that they like.

I have added to my previous advice in my references post, to show how to view the status bar:

Quote:
If you would like to see where the link is taking you, before selecting it, roll the mouse cursor over the hyperlink; you should then be able to see the URL of the link. In Internet Explorer and Firefox, it is shown on the left of the Status Bar, immediately above the Start button on the bottom of the window. If the Status Bar is not visible, left click on View on the top toolbar. Look for a tick next to Status Bar, to show that it is visible. If it is not ticked, left click on Status Bar. Each time you do this, you toggle the Status Bar on or off. For security, to know the true destination of links, I suggest that you leave the Status Bar visible at all times.
Please send me a private message if you need any help with this, so that we do not distract from the important purpose of your thread.

Paul
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote