Thread: Careers
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairdresser View Post
I wish that there could be some sort of retraining for a new career but I have exhausted this. The next best thing will be a job that I am able to do safely, and work at part time and I think it may be trial and error, meaning trying a few different jobs out. Oh, if I had my wish I would definately like some sort of medical job, or advise and support injured worker's.
I've been thinking about some kind of medical advocacy like GibbRN mentioned (I'm an RN too). Really, I think that could be something many of us could be great at (and no license necessary). Imagine being able to go pick up a patient at their house, accompany them to their doctor's appointment, explain to the doc why the current tx is/isn't working, and making follow up phone calls to the patient's family/lawyer, etc. Fighting for other pain patients ! Help an elderly patient who's kids are too busy to bring them to the doctor !

Someone please just wave their magic wand so I can get dressed, get my laundry done, and drive so that I can do this !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote