View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Why is it so hard

Hi I ma really noticing that people just do not want ot remain close with me. They start to then when I start having seizures and I especially try to open up and share about it. They totally go another direction. Without even communicating with me and my partner.

I really just do not understand. It feel like a on and off switch for most. While I value true friendships look beyond others health conditions they turn the other way.
One woh has some major health issues I have done much to support. When I shared and set a oundary. Did not hear from them for a few weeks emailed and even called them. Asking how are they is everything ok.

To get the following " I am choosing to nurture other friendships and spend my time else where" I just felt hurt.

How would others hear this when you have stepped up to be there for them in a period of knowing they needed help and support?

I think I just feel kinda lost as to why friends really can not feel they can remain just that true friends ewven when things are not "normal"

Would enjoy hearing others gentle feedback and/or expereience of this issue

Thank you all I feel grateful to know others here understand.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Cedar
Cedar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote