Thread: Where to begin?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear MominFl,
I am so sorry for your two year struggles!! I am a MominMass who has a son who suffered PCS symptoms for a long time 6 or 7 months at 16. You are so right on thinking his issues are related to his head trauma. It does not matter whether damage is scene in scans. A neurosychologist who works with PCS patients will be the most helpful to you and your son they can be a third party who may be able to put the pieces together for your son and help him understand his difficulty with school and emotionally. He is not just a rebellious teenager. Trust your gut feelings at all times. The ripple effect from these type of head injuries can be so so sad! Recently my son's wrestling coach, the school trainer, myself, my husband and my son had a meeting where everyone told him how uncomfortable they were with his efforts to try to wrestle again this year and he tried so hard not to just sit there in tears. He was devastated!! I am hoping he will not have alot of emotional fall out from that. His injury was from a wrestling accident. My point here is his emotional issues are probably from both physical trauma and emotional trauma from watching his life fall apart. You can help the situation by being supportive and slowly the two of you can start picking up the pieces of his life through alot of love and support. This is my plan and allow others to help you.
Nancy
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (11-28-2010)