View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Trinab,

You are doing fine.

You are going to have some pretty strange sensations; some of which will pass with time. The lack of energy is probably due to the pain meds and definitely the muscle relaxers. But you are only on day 12! I don't recall feeling as if my ears were stopped up. And remember too they went in through the front so you are going to feel lumps and bumps and maybe even swallow weird sometimes. I still get that every now and then. Please don't push it...just go easy and be consistent. With both fusions I was basically fused at 3 months; wore the Bone Growth Stimulator for 3 more months (to ensure a SOLID fusion) and at 6 months was fully fused. Every 3 months I went to my NS for xrays and just this past September was the one year mark. So, you see, it takes a good, long while. And my NS probably said no lifting of 5 lbs because of the previous fusion and other issues with my neck...but not lifting 15 lbs. sounds fine to me. And your doc probably isn't as stringent and really, some aren't, because they want you to get up and move around as much as possible...within reason that is. Plus, you had the C6/C7 done and that basically just sits there...in a sense. I just remember my NS telling me that it is the HIGHER levels that have the most ROM. He wasn't near as concerned about my C5/C6 as far as ROM goes...mainly the C3/C4. So, quite frankly, you sound like you are doing just fine! Oh, and if you start hurting from overdoing it (you will be able to tell) just put on your soft collar...it helps! And, when they tell you you can start in on stretching; please do!!! But not yet! Hang in there!

Oh, but I do have to ask this and just teasing you...

Have you been sound asleep only to wake up and start to get up using your upper back? Or, have you been asleep, woke up and forgot and stretched? OMG! I have to laugh at myself because when I did both of those things the first couple of days...I about died!!! I had to tell myself every day from then on....roll out of bed and don't stretch!!! And I am mainly referring to how you would stretch like a cat would when first waking up. Oh, boy that hurt!!!

Last edited by Kathi49; 11-19-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added More
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote