View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Just checked

with my local hosiptals's way of 'listing docs'?
Cardiovascular and cardiovascular disease was one category
Vascular and intervention surgery was another

Thing is, if it were ME? I'd shy away from those who specialize in 'surgery'? Those that do the testing and analyses are OK, but don't even consider surgery unless you get another TWO outside opinions to do so....And then only knowing fully all the pros and cons of any such proposed surgeries. Honestly these days I am a chicken about surgeries...Cannot imagine why?

I KNOW I have vascular damage from my CIDP onset, and probably the Hashimotos...I was on lasix for a while? All it did was really lower my blood pressure-to dangerously low?...to an uncomfortable degree. The edema I had still pops up if I strain or sprain my ankles or overdo activities. Alternating heat and cool plus an upward massage at the ankle upwards helps push excesses to a point where it gets taken out of the 'system'?

As for any and all skin rashes? This should be in the 'stickies' but here it is:

http://telemedicine.org/stamford.htm
While those of us with any PN should read the 'diabetic Neuropathies' parts...
The intro is chock full of goodies in almost 'plain language' terms about how the vascular system works....Fascinating stuff, really. It's also essential to know if you have to talk to any new doc in another non-PN field? The vascular and endo guys are going to be coming from THIS direction. Maybe not ours, but once we all get the 'terms' right we can talk more effectively. At least, that's what I've found?

BTW? I have petechiea all over, part is from meds, part is from trying to 'do' too much? part is from 'not doing enough'! Not to mention allergies and other joys? My own dermatologist looks at these skin things and goes either: You have a formisnable {HUH} and says to ignore it or I have a dornagbumble [another HUH] and prescribes a topical. The topicals help when needed, and I tune out the other stuff. Annual visits to the 'gp'? Well, that doc is the last on the food-chain these days? Doc mite ask about X or Y, but I'll reply to Doc that Derm saw it and I've been deemed 'OK'... Doc never worries, derm never worries, ergo I do not worry. Got enuf on the plate and it isn't turkey?
Hope any bit of this is useful - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote