Thread: Hi!
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thankyou

Dear Liz,

Thankyou for replying!

I already have a question..... sorry....

The tube that goes to his belly. The sutures have been removed and it has healed perfectly.... however there is a hard lump under the cut line. It doesnt bother him but it sticks up. It is probably about 2cm long and 1 cm wide. Any ideas??

The shunt has been in almost two weeks now and jayden is fine. I however am really aware of ppl staring at him. Dont get me wrong, i'm not going to stick him in a corner so no one can ever talk to him or look at him but it amazes me how much ppl stare. Some ppl ask what has happened, some ask if i dropped him or something ( because of the bandaid things on his head), and some just stare. I am really happy to explain his story and answer the questions. Jayden's head is largish with very little hair and the shunt is prominent at the moment. My GP convinced me to take the bandaid things off this morning so now the cut and suture lines are visible too. They are really well healed. Emily (7) was grossed out this afternoon. Hopefully some hair might grow soon!! Maybe Santa might bring some! lol

Sarah

P.S. i'm australian thats why i use cm's not sure how to convert it! sorry
sarah80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote