View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Chiari confusion...

Hello everyone! I am 24 years old and have been going through a large part of my life with "migraines" and other problems like numbness in my arms, and pain in my back that feels like it should be bruised along my spine. A few months ago I got sudden vision change in my L eye and have been seeing a neuro-opthamologist since. In one of my MRI tests he noted that my cerebellum is 3-4cm low. We have discused Chiari since and my mother and I actually both suffer from identicle symptoms, although she recently has had falling episodes and a few more things happen than I. I am looking for more information as to what other people went through to get diagnosed. Within the past month my headaches seem to be almost constant. My neck feels as though I cannot straigten it, and I am miserable. My MD suggested that one way to test if it is Chiari is to dehydrate myself for ~2 weeks. This he said would decrease the spinal fluid production and should result in a decrease of my symptoms. Then for the following 2 weeks I should over hydrate myself to see if the symptoms come back...Has anyone heard of this, or even done it?? I would love some feed back please!
peetie383 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote