View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default An Update

Well hubby called about my MRI results yesterday, as we STILL hadnt heard anything from the optho. Apparantly he talked to some type of internist, or something. Cause the first call he made, he told me that she said everything looked normal. I just stared at him. Then I asked him, "How can everything look NORMAL, when I've had brain surgery, and the neuro-surgeon AND neurologist had told us that there had been permanent nerve damage to some nerve in the area of the occipital area (I dont wanna say the occipital nerve, cause I dont remember exactly what they said at the time) which was just a part of where they had to cut during the surgery, so I'd have the 'wearing a football helmet stuffed full of cotton balls' feeling for the rest of my life.?"

He agreed with me that it didnt make much sense, so he called them back. The same girl talked to him, and stated that oh yes, they could see the surgery site, but they could also see all the way into the THORACIC cavity, and everything looked normal. Now, all I was scheduled for was a head MRI, not even a cervical. How could they possibly see into the thoracic cavity on the films???? Now, not being THAT familiar with MRI protocals, I called my best friend today, before making a fool of myself or my husband. She is a registered MRI/CT Technician, to ask her about the protocals for a head MRI. She agreed, that a head MRI, if performed correctly, and at the right angles, can produce a good image of the C-1 and even possibly the C-2 area, however, there was no way to get any images of the thoracic cavity with a properly performed head MRI. So we're all three fairly confident that this gal here dont have much of an idea what she's talking about.

So now, even with "results" I'm still waiting to hear the results of the results. *sighs*

God Bless you all!!!!

Dawn