View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Great Thread!!

I have wondered about this myself. My face has begun to do some strange things lately. Some times it feels sunburned, will look flushed and be painful to the touch. At other times, cool air touching it is painful.

I have chronic sinus pain, and headaches. The latest on that front is a sensation as if someone is poking ice pick into my eye! It's hard to determine of these symptoms are sinus infections I am experiencing or part of my TOS/RSD. I had a C.T. scan last week during a really bad episode and it came out clear for infections and abnormalities. So who knows...

I have been having trouble swallowing as well, and have been going to a speech pathologist to learn new techniques for swallowing as well as exercises to strengthen the muscles in my soft pallate area. It has helped some.

Ali, people with chronic facial pain are known to clench their teeth, (according to my dentist). She recommended a custom made night guard, and that I wear it anytime I am in pain, as we tend to clench subconsciously. Also, the meds. dry out our mouths and make us prone to decay and gum problems. It's really important to see a dentist regularly when you have issues like we do. There are sprays, toothpastes, and rinses for dry moth to help prevent decay we can use.

Geez, I'd gladly take prednisone if they thought that would do the trick! Wouldn't that be something!

Also, good to know about the small fiber neuropathy. Although, don't they treat the various neuropathy's about the same way?? I have a friend with peripheral neuropathy, and he's on pretty much the same med's I am.

Thanks for the thread, Kyzyl363, great question!

Cala
Caladium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote