View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cedar I am sooo sorry this is happening to you. Believe me when I say that I know exactly how you feel. My best (and I mean BEST) friend (the one that knows you inside and out, the one you and your family spend vacations with them and their family, the one where just you two go on "only girl" weekends and finally the one you have spent most of your life with other than your spouse or family members)left me w/o a word. Just all of a sudden no calling, no getting together NOTHING. Before I knew it, she was 7 weeks pregnant and when I mentioned doing the baby shower (which we always planned since I would be the "aunt" of the baby) she said someone else is already taking care of it.

Then nothing until the person throwing the shower, a friend of sorts of both of ours, calls and ask me for help with the shower. Only because it was a day away and she had sooo much to do still. My heart just sank. I helped only thinking that I would be able to re-connect with my best friend, but to no avail. At the shower she acted like she didn't even know me. I had bought so many baby things for her way before she even go pregnant. It was something we did, go shopping for when she became a mother.

It has been almost four years now and there is no connection. I heard through another friend that she lost a baby about three months ago. I didn't even know she was pregnant again.

I did get an email about three weeks ago saying that we should get together for dinner soon. But I have heard that before...so I can't get my hopes up. The thing is, is that I love and miss her to death.

Sorry to hijack your situation, but trust me I know exactly how you feel. I really hope things get better for you. But until then just know that we are here to talk.

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote