View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 08:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Ladies,
I think I would like to join your group if its ok......and I eat low carb since its best for my diabetes and is the only thing that has worked long term for me (3+ years).
I feel I have somehow grown apart with the people I have used as a support group since my surgery...I am overly senistive these days and feel my pain and health problems are so intertwined these days that I can't really separate the two right now.........and that I am in a situation that brings people down....anyway 2 years ago I was just like them, using the LC lifestyle and exercising nearly everyday and now I am just barely hanging on by a shoestring....with new neuropathy in my left hand/arm and feet where before the spinal fusion it was just my big toes......and I have not yet told my NS about it.......I guess I am afraid of what he will tell me. Thanks to all the heavy drugs following my surgery then the Lyrica I have holes in my memory big enough to drive a truck through. As the fog lifted from my Lyrica craziness I began to try to pick up the pieces there and had to go back and read my own posts since I had no memory writing any of it.....I guess I wore them out with my poor me posts....I went back and deleted most of it but when I tried to explain I got the feeling I had wore out my welcome by then......and its always possible I am just still paranoid from the drug since I still take it at bedtime. I would not take it then but its the only thing that helps the leg pain I never had before the surgery.
Sorry for the book.....just feeling very alone right now.
Back injury 1999, PN,DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, Chronic pain, Lumbar Fusion 6-06, Pain Worse then Ever Since!10-10-06 Arachnoiditis! CES! now numbness from waist to thighs, bowel, bladder paralysis, self caths, chronic constipation. Left sided weakness! No appetite depression! Bed 22 hrs day!
Under care of PM 3 years. Diabetic, lost over 100 lbs was 300+, now 174 lbs. Normal labs, diet controlled!
Junie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote