View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow, I don't know if I'll be any help because I know nothing about osteoporosis (that's what's causing your breaks, right?). So please disregard whatever I say if it doesn't apply.

But I've had toenails turn purple or black for no reason, no injury or anything, in the past two years. Luckily, mine have grown back eventually. May be completely unrelated to what you're experiencing, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Is it possible the incontinence was autonomic neuropathy? I unfortunately have had incontinence off and on since 1998 when I was 34, usually in response to coughing, sneezing or laughing. I don't know the cause of mine, but it's one of the things I need to quit being embarrassed about and ask the Mayo docs about.

I've not heard about the condition you are mentioning and hope someone here can enlighten us. Never hurts to learn something new.

Hope it was an isolated incident.

fanfaire