View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Matt, you're reclassified to probable?!? I remember your posts from BT1. Undiagnosis (bad English, I know) seems to be happening a lot lately. It was a really bizarre couple of months for me when I was undiagnosed. It is very scary to have mobility problems which impinge so severely on one's quality of life, not have any answers to what's going on, and no treatment on offer at all. Strangely, after the initial shock of the PPMS diagnosis, I kind of coped with everything better because at least I knew what I was dealing with.

I'm so glad you've got your symptoms pretty much under control, and that they haven't stopped your Betaseron. It must be doing something for you? Would that I could at least try it!!

My neurologist has agreed to give me anti-fatigue medications but in his words, "I can't give you disease-modifying drugs because I don't know what disease I'm modifying".

All well and good for him to say, and intellectually I really do understand his logic, but he's not the one getting more and more immobile.

Well, enough of my ranting - it's good to see you here!