View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just a burble

Hi Gaye, Sissy, Nancy and Donna - kind of like a girls meeting!

Gaye for this dizziness and vertigo to be so bad you would really want to find out if it is an inner ear problem. I can understand why you would want to sit down and cry - I certainly have been known to do it - it is the sheer frustration! Just like you - I keep thinking that if I could sleep for maybe 5 years would I wake up normal??

For my 51st birthday back in March I made the decision that I wanted to dance. So after dinner we went to Boogey Wonderland - a night club. It plays music from the 70s - I used to love to dance. So anyway in we went - revolving flashing lights - flashing lights on the floor and loud music - well - you can just imagine my reaction - I didn't know which way was up - shutting my eyes didn't keep the lights out either - needless to say I won't be going back in a rush! I did have a dance with my eyes shut - but had to be held up - people probably thought I was drunk - too bad for them!!

As to why does it come back - I think that as soon as we are that extra tiny bit over tired, stressed etc it gets that narrow opening and leaps back in. I find that I walk a very fine line/path and it doesn't take much at all to upset that balance. Like if I work a few minutes over my 3 hours, or am kept awake when I need to sleep, have to do some extra little thing - rush to buy a birthday present - just about anything that I haven't been able to plan and I am done for. So much for any impromptu anything! If you are not careful it is like it feasts upon itself - like if you panic about finding that you have left the gas hob on all day (I am good at that) or forgot to lock the house up again it gets to be like a vicious cycle and your fragile self confidence etc takes a battering.

Can you remind me what happened to you Gaye as I can't remember if I have read about it or not.

Donna I am going to see if there is any physio therapy available in New Zealand for balance. It could save more falls and bumps to my head.

Sissy you suggested something the other day and I have forgotten what it was. - do you mind reminding me?

It amazes me how people can explain things so well on this site. I was the great English language expert who can explain things so well in my job in the legal world but tyrying to explain where my head is at is another story. Maybe it is part of the new me who now has the learning disability - don't know!

Good night - 10 p.m. over here.

Lynlee

Last edited by Lucy; 11-21-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote